CORPORATE COMMERCIAL LAW
This Firm specializes in offering our Clientele legal advisory, consultancy and transactional support in matters; –
This entails advice, drafting, review, management and resolution of disputes in contracts falling in any of the following broad categories.
- Shareholders Agreements
- Share Purchase Agreement
- Service Level Agreements
- Leasing Agreements
- Agency Agreements
- Supply and Distribution Agreements
- Manufacturing Agreements
- Support Agreements to mention but a few.
We understand the importance of protecting Intellectual Property Rights in corporate practice. Our professional advocates have unmatched experience and skills in the following broad areas: –
- Offering Legal Advice on Data privacy and Security including but not limited to the European Union General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), Internet governance, Legal and regulatory compliance, business advocacy, and Cyber Security.
- Intellectual Property Litigation and advisory services as relates to trademarks, passing-off copyright claims.
- Advising, drafting, review of IP related agreements such as licensing and franchise agreements.
- Trademarks and: legal services as relate to advisory, consultancy, searches, due diligence, registration and filing oppositions revocation renewals, assignments services.
- Patent legal services as relates to searches, advisory, due diligence, filing and litigation services.
- Copyright legal services as relates to advisory, due diligence and registration services.
- Registration and advisory matters as relate to utility models.
- Advisory services as relates to breach of confidential information.
- Advisory services as relates to trade secrets.
Legal audits have been seen as less costly modes of litigation avoidance as they proactively identify various potential risk areas. With a proper legal audit firms/business/state bodies can have a contingent plan on how to avoid possible litigation as well as costly fines for non-compliance with various statutory bodies especially in regulated bodies such a banking, insurance and telecoms just to name a few.
Our Audits covers areas such as evaluation of contracts in place, statutory compliance check, employee risk management, litigation review, preparation of service level agreements, post audit recommendations and the set-up of legal internal audit processes and systems.
We offer secretarial services to its corporate clients such as incorporation of business, companies (private and foreign), trusts, societies and non-governmental organizations, filing of annual returns, AGM services, effecting changes of a company and as when they do arise, drafting of special resolutions, sealing, stamping and notarization of corporate documents and safe-keeping company secretarial documentation.
PROPERTY & REAL ESTATE LAW
We deal with all aspects of property and land law transactions in Kenya. Whether pertaining to the rights and interests in real estate and real properties, sales, purchases and other transfers of real estate and real property, legal aspects of rental property and landlord tenant contracts and rights and title to real property development.
CORPORATE DISPUTE RESOLUTION LAW
From time to time, disputes arise between individuals, companies or organizational. N&A lawyers are skilled to assist in resolving these disputes by the use of litigation, arbitration, mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
We provide clients with the best services in commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution. The firm’s arbitration advocates have the required expertise to help companies reach authoritative settlements and judgments. J&A represents clients in an extensive range of dispute in the commercial world including employment, judicial review, constitution and, public procurement and tax cases.
We are well versed with corporate taxation and undertakes to offer clients with best representation. The law firm offers the best advice and strategies to each of its clients, and uses the extensive experience and skills to resolve taxation issues. Clients that form the tax practice port-folio range from limited liability companies to NGO’S.
We offers legal services to both workers and employers with the aim of preventing resolving and in all ways addressing a myriad of issues connected to the employer-employee relationship. Managers and entrepreneurs can consult with N&A for legal advice when making employment policies and employee handbooks.
We assists in debt collection, formulates debt collection packages tailor-made for specific clientele, and further has a vibrant debt collection team comprising of certified debt collectors and advocates in the department.
The team specifically comes up with modes of debt collection that are time & cost effective, and debtor sensitive, in such a way that clients are allowed to carry on with their core tasks/businesses and maintain client/debtor relationships while collecting debts.
We team together with consultants assess, design and help implement processes, controls and compliance programmes that mitigate the risk of financial crime, including fraud, bribery and corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing, anti-trust and misconduct. Our comprehensive compliance programmes focus on governance and risk assessments, as well as building practical and strategic controls around prevention, detection and deterrence.
We have a professional team that offers a myriad of services that aid our clients efficiently plan their estates. These services include: –
- Advisory and consultancy services to educate the clients on the best vehicle and structure of estate planning as according to their personal wishes.
- Drafting and safekeeping of wills and codicils
- Administration of intestate estates (estate without wills).
- Setting up of private family trust
With a team composed of some of the best attorney in Kenya, private clients are bound to enjoy full representation and quality services. Client satisfaction is our goal while at the same time maintaining confidentiality, round the clock access to legal advice and quick turn-around time with respective drafting of documentation.